Brædstrup Church

On the old cemetery at Ring Lake a lawn with a beech hedge indicates the outline of the previous church and a gravestone with the inscription: “Here was Ring Church from about 1200 to 1940”. 
The new church in Brædstrup was consecrated 1941. Granite ashlar from the old church in Ring was used for the plinth, stairs and the altar, on which there is a metal crucifix. Also the beautiful Romanesque font with lions and leaf ornamentation originates from the first church of the parish. On the Triumphal wall above the choir arch is a fresco painting “Christmas night” by the artist Johan Vilh. Andersen.

Share this page

Last updated by

VisitHorsens info@visithorsens.dk
 

Contact

Address

Kirkegade 11
8740 Brædstrup

Phone

+45 75753724

Transport

Coordinates

Longitude : 9.6805234999
Latitude : 55.9260163